- What is the history of the company?
In the past, the world knew us as IHOP®, an American icon to our guests and a franchising company that was focused on providing strategic leadership and vision for our franchisees and on enhancing value for our shareholders. With this dedicated focus, we cultivated a core expertise in brand revitalization and franchising know-how which became the basis for the winning formula that has defined the financial success of our business in recent years. With the addition of Applebee’s® to the IHOP family of restaurants in November 2007, we made a bold new commitment to our brand revitalization abilities and to the power of franchising. Dine Brands promises to make our two businesses more powerful and more successful than either brand could have been apart. Our goal remains to provide delicious, innovative dishes and exceptional guest experiences each and every time a guest walks through either brand’s doors. As of September 30, 2019 there were over 3,600 Applebee’s and IHOP restaurants combined in 18 countries and approximately 370 franchisees, making Dine Brands one of the largest full-service restaurant companies in the world.Back to top
- When did your first store open?
The first IHOP opened on July 7, 1958 in Toluca Lake, Los Angeles, California.
The first Applebee's opened on November 19, 1980 in Decatur, Georgia. Back to top
- Is Dine Brands franchised?
Yes, Dine Brands is almost 100% franchised. Information on franchising an IHOP or Applebee's restaurant may be found through the following links respectively:
Applebee's: http://www.applebees.com/international-franchisingBack to top
- How can I contact you?
Dine Brands Global, Inc.
450 N. Brand Blvd., 7th Floor
Glendale, California 91203-4415
Phone: 866-995-DINE (3463) Back to top
- Where can I find a directory of locations?
A restaurant finder can be found on the respective brand websites here:
Applebee's: http://www.applebees.com/locationsBack to top
- Where are your headquarters located?
The headquarters for Dine Brands and the Applebee's and IHOP brands are located at
450 N Brand Blvd. Glendale, CA 91203.Back to top
- How can I obtain an annual report and earnings results?
Annual reports and the latest earnings press releases can be found here:Back to top
- How can I request investor info?
Investor Kits and Materials can be requested through the following link:Back to top
- When does your fiscal year end?
- Our Fiscal Year ends on the Sunday nearest December 31st. Back to top
- How can I purchase gift cards?
IHOP and Applebee's both have gift cards available through their respective websites.
Applebee's: http://www.applebees.com/gift-cardsBack to top
- Does Dine Brands pay a dividend on its common shares?
- Yes. Dine Brands pays a quarterly cash dividend of $0.69 per share of common stock, subject to the approval of the Company’s Board of Directors. Back to top
- Does your corporate name change from DineEquity, Inc. to Dine Brands Global, Inc. require any action by shareholders or any changes to the common stock I hold?
- No. Our corporate name change to Dine Brands Global, Inc. as of February 20, 2018 does not require any action by shareholders; our ticker symbol on the New York Stock Exchange remains “DIN”. Back to top
- How do I redeem shares of Applebee’s International, Inc. common stock that I held at the time of IHOP Corp.’s acquisition of Applebee’s?
- If you held Applebee’s International common stock in your personal name and not through a brokerage account, redemption information was sent to you via mail shortly after the close of the acquisition in November 2007. If you did not receive this information or have misplaced it, please contact Wells Fargo Shareowner Services at 800-468-9716 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Central Time to process the redemption of your Applebee’s stock. Back to top
- What was the date of IHOP Corp.’s acquisition of Applebee’s International, Inc. and what was the buy out price per share?
- IHOP Corp.’s acquired Applebee’s International, Inc. on November 29, 2007 for $25.50 per share in cash, representing a total transaction value of approximately $2.1 billion. Back to top
- When does Dine Brands normally report its quarterly same-store sales and financial results?
- Dine Brands operates on a calendar year-end reporting basis and publicly announces the day and time of its planned quarterly news release and investor conference call shortly after the quarter closes. As of October 2008, Dine Brands discontinued its historical practice of releasing quarterly same-store sales results for its Applebee’s and IHOP business units in advance of its full quarterly financial results. The Company intends to only report same-store sales performance in conjunction with it quarterly financial results on a go-forward basis. Back to top
- What was the stock split history for Applebee’s International, Inc. prior to IHOP Corp.’s acquisition of the company?
- Back to top
- What is IHOP Corp.’s historical stock split activity?
- On April 29, 1999, IHOP's Board of Directors approved a 2 for 1 stock split of its common stock effective May 27, 1999, in the form of a 100% stock dividend for stockholders of record at the close of business on May 13, 1999. Back to top
- I have stock for International Industries or IHOP Corp. that dates back to the 1970’s. What is the value of that stock?
- Stock certificates for International Industries or for IHOP Corp. that is dated prior to 1982 is not related to the Dine Brands stock that trades on the New York Stock Exchange today. International Industries became IHOP Corp. in 1976. At this time, International Industries’ stock was subject to a 15 to 1 reverse split into IHOP Corp. stock for common stockholders and a 1 to 1 conversion into IHOP Corp. stock for preferred stockholders. Subsequently, IHOP Corp. was taken private in 1981 for $2.60 per share in cash. After a period of time and several attempts to reach stockholders, IHOP Corp. shares that were not redeemed were considered abandoned property and the Company was required to remit the value of the shares to the treasury department of the state in which it was last known that the stockholder resided in. To recover the value of the shares, you must contact the treasury department of state in which the stockholder resided in at the time of the investment. In July 1991, the Company completed an initial public offering of common stock under the stock symbol "IHP" on the NASDAQ Stock Market. Back to top